Voronoi Split Screen for UE4
A downloadable system for Windows
Allow your players to move as a team in one large view, or split it up when they want to wander off on their own!
The dividing line in this split screen system always draws a line right between the two players, and the thickness of the line indicates the distance they are from each other.
Similar to the split screen systems found in the LEGO games and Fallen Frontier.
In addition to the regular mode, there is a "sticky" version where the line snaps vertically and horizontally, which could be useful in racing or side-scrolling games.
Download and try the demo below using two controllers.
If you're curious about the maths behind this project, then check out the tutorial.
- Due to using an overlay, there is a visual delay of a few milliseconds, which would make this system less useful for twitchy games.
- The rendering is not optimized, so this system will increase the hardware requirements of your game.
- The system is made to work on flat ground only, but could be modified to take elevation changes into account.
* To test, make a "Top Down" project (so the inputs are set up for you), then open the example map. (For 4.20+, you must replace SimpleMoveToLocation in TopDownController with the non-deprecated SimpleMoveToLocation. And for 4.22 move player 1 to not start on top of a pillar, if that's a problem for you.)
- one blueprint library
- a capture widget
- a material and material function
- two render targets
- a full example level
- two-player split screen system that merges when players are close together
- tune every aspect of the system to suit your game (line thickness, line thickness damping, merged deadzone size, snapping, etc.)
Engine Compatibility: 4.14 - 4.23
Intended Platform: Desktop
In order to download this system you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $25 USD. You will get access to the following files: